Tuesday 26 August 2014

Tag Tuesday - Bookish Would You Rather

Hey, guys! I'm thinking of trying to make this a new thing I do. Every Tuesday I will try and do a book tag I've seen. Like my T5W, I'm probably going to miss weeks. I'm back at uni at the moment and that's why my posts have slowed down a bit so I'm trying to think of ways to give this place a bit more life, so here we go.

For the first week, I'm going to be doing the 'Bookish Would You Rather' tag which has been going around Booktube a lot recently. The tag originated on the Youtube channel RayKayBooks, and you can check out the original video here. Anyway, let's get going!

#1: Would you rather read  only trilogies or only stand alones?
Definitely trilogies. Recently I have been reading a lot of stand alones and I do adore them a hell of a lot, but I just enjoy getting to have a bit more of the characters and seeing the depth that a story can be given when allowed more than one book to tell it in.

#2: Would you rather read only female authors or only male authors?
Ahh, this is difficult! I have a lot of favourite authors from both genres. But I think just on principle I'm going to have to go with female authors. I think I'd be fine with that for the most part. Particularly with YA, as majority of the authors in that genre are female.

#3: Would you rather shop for books at Barnes and Noble or Amazon?
As an Australian, this question isn't exactly that relevant to me. I'm going to say Amazon only because I do shop at their Kindle store every now and then but neither of these stores are my go-to bookstores to begin with so I could just as easily say neither.

#4: Would you rather all books become movies or TV shows?
Definitely TV shows! While there has been some amazing book-to-movie adaptations (LOTR is my favourite adaptation of a book ever), I do prefer TV adaptations as they allow the story to not be so condensed. Often in movies, a lot of what's in the books gets cut but that doesn't happen as much in TV and thus, the story remains more faithful. (Side note: this is also why I want someone to make Eragon into a TV series).

#5: Would you rather read 5 pages a day or 5 books a week?
Assuming this in the perfect world where I have the time to read 5 books a week, I would for sure do that one! I'm not a person who enjoys reading books slowly. When I find the time to read, I always try and read a few chapters at least. So, only being able to read 5 pages (thus, only 35 pages a week), I would actually die.

#6: Would you rather be a professional reviewer or professional author?
As much as I enjoy reviewing books, becoming a professional author has and always will be one of my dreams. I'd have to go with that one.

#7: Would you rather only re-read 20 of your favourite books or read only different books once?
Option 2, without a doubt. I'm a big fan of re-reading books, ngl. But the thought of being restricted to only having 20 books to read for the rest of my life is painful. I could not do it. Even if they were my favourites.

#8: Would you rather be a librarian or a book seller?
Hmm. This is difficult. I do like the thought of being a librarian and I don't like the idea of all the business-y stuff behind being a book seller but I still find it appealing. I'm just going to go with librarian because that's what my gut is saying. But I do often fancy the thought of owning my own bookstore/coffee shop.

#9: Would you rather read only your favourite genre or every genre but your favourite?
Okay, this was really hard so I just found a loophole. I'm going to say only read favourite genre because my favourite fantasy and tbh, fantasy has so many branches of it that I can sort of make so many books fit to it. You may be thinking I'm just wussing out of answering this properly and you would be right.

#10: Would you rather only read physical books and e-books?
Physical books. In the past year, I have started reading a lot more e-books, mainly because of convenience. But nothing will replace the enjoyment of reading a physical book and feeling the pages.

So, anyway that's the Bookish Would You Rather book tag. What would your choices be? Let me know in the comments!

Until next time!
Jess, xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment