Monday 21 July 2014

Booktube-a-thon Wrap-Up!


So, the booktube-a-thon ended yesterday and although I didn't complete all the challenges, I think I did pretty well! My final total was:

Books: 6
Pages: 2,383
Challenges: 6/7

So, let's do a breakdown of the challenges, which ones I completed and a few thoughts on all the books!

#1: A book with pictures - COMPLETED!
Read: Frostbite: A Vampire Academy Graphic Novel by Richelle Mead

I am a huge fan of the VA series and have been meaning to check out the graphic novels for a long time. A lot of cuts are made to the original story but I still loved it, nonetheless. The art is really nice!


#2: Start and finish a series - COMPLETED!
Read: Chaos Walking trilogy by Patrick Ness
You can find my complete, spoiler-free review of the series here. This was how I kicked off the booktube-a-thon and what a way to begin. Starting off on a high was the best way to keep motivation going!

#3: A book with red on the cover - COMPLETED!
Read: Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowll
I absolutely ADORED this book. After reading Fangirl not too long ago, I've been dying to pick up some more of Rowell's novels. After reading this gem, I'm finding she is becoming one of my favourite authors. I may have a full review coming of this but not too sure yet. Either way, I loved, loved, loved it!

#4: A book someone else picks out for you - UNCOMPLETED!
I got my brother to pick out a novel for me to read for this and I had it ready to go, but it was the last book I planned to read and the last two days of Booktube-a-thon were really busy for me so I just couldn't quite get to it. Ah, well.

#5: A book from the genre you've read the least this year - COMPLETED!
Read: Bridget Jones's Diary by Helen Fielding
I think this is cheating a bit. I had another novel planned for this category that I never ended up reading but I found that I also realised I haven't read any Chick Lit this year so I'm using this book for two categories. I loved this book a lot, as well! I'm a fan of the movie and picked up this book after randomly finding it in a book sale last year and I was not disappointed at all. It's such a fun read!

#6: A book to movie adaptation - COMPLETED!
Read: Bridget Jones's Diary by Helen Fielding
This is the original category I intended this book for. It was also a good excuse to go and watch the movie again :)

#7: Read seven books - COMPLETED!
While I only read six books, you can also complete this challenge by reading an average of 300 pages a day. Since my total page count was 2,383, that gives me an average of approx. 340 pages per day and thus, completing this challenge! Hoorah!

So, yeah, I feel pretty good about what I accomplished this week. Made a little indent in my TBR pile as well, which is awesome! Check out my Goodreads for my individual ratings for each book! How'd you guys go with your Booktube-a-thons? Let me know in the comments below!

Until next time, 
Jess, xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment