Wednesday 2 July 2014

Top 5 Wednesdays: Read So Far in 2014

Round two on Top 5 Wednesdays! This week's it's the top 5 books I've read so far in 2014. To be honest, I've been a bit slow on reading this year so I'm including one re-read and hopefully it's not cheating. Oh well. Without further ado!

#5: Feast for Crows by George R. R. Martin

The fourth in the A Song of Ice and Fire series by Martin. To be honest, this book left a bit to be desired mostly. It had it's ups but it was generally quite the filler book and slow. Alas, it's still one of my fav reads this year and I'm really enjoying the following book.






#4: Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead

This is the re-read. The Vampire Academy series is, hands down, one of my favourite series out there. I have read it more times than I can count and will definitely read it many more times.

#3: Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell

I absolutely adored this book! Check out my full review of it here.

#2: Civil War by Mark Millar

This year, I took my first adventure into the world of comic books, beginning with The Avengers. I'm still making my way through them (because, wow, there is A LOT) but so far, this has been my absolute favourite. I would love, love, LOVE MCU to venture into this storyline in the near future (and I think they are setting it up nicely if that's the plan).




#1: Name of the Wind by Partick Rothfuss

The first in Rothfuss' Kingkiller Chronicles, this book was absolutely fantastic! It's been awhile since I read a new fantasy novel that was so good. I plan to have a full review up of it soon as possible because I only finished it a few days ago. So keep an eye out! I'll just have to pry myself away from the second book to do so, haha!








Not very exciting as I've been in a reading slump most of this year but there you go! What are your Top 5 reads this year? Let me know in the comments!

Until next time!
Jess, xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment