Wednesday 23 July 2014

Top 5 Wednesdays: Books You Wish You'd Read Earlier

Well, hello again! It's been a few weeks since my last T5W. It occured to me the other day that I keep forgetting to tell you all where to find info about the T5W. The meme was created by Lainey at gingerreadslainey and you can find the T5W group on Goodreads here.

So, this week is is to discuss the top 5 books you wish you'd read earlier. I struggled to think of ones for this, mainly because as soon as I read a book that's been out for awhile and it's awesome, I always say 'Why didn't I read this sooner?'. But alas, I managed to cull the list down to these books!


#5: Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss
My friend told me for probably somewhere between and year to a year and a half that I had to read this book. And, as I usually do, I said 'I'll read it soon, I have a lot of books I want to read.' Finally she gave up and bought it for my birthday and even then, I didn't read it til almost a month after but wow, once I did...I was amazed! I couldn't believe I'd waited so long to pick up this amazing book. I'm still reading the sequel and had to rip myself away from it for booktube-a-thon but I'm hoping to finish it in the next few days!

#4: Bloodlines by Richelle Mead
Okay, so I adore the Vampire Academy series and once I heard that Richelle Mead was writing another series in this world, I was so excited! It came out and I bought this book not long after it was released by I never picked it up. I don't know why. I was in a massive reading slump that slowed down my reading for over a year! By the time I picked this book up, The Fiery Heart was already out. But boy, am I glad I got around to it eventually. Just like VA, Mead captured me with this story. I flew through the books and deeply regretted not picking them up sooner. Now Silver Shadows is just around the corner and I'm basically giddy with excitement.

#3: Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell
I explained in my review here why I didn't pick this book up for so long but I still regret it. Not only did I love this book, but I find I'm slowly falling in love with every Rainbow Rowell writes. I wish I'd picked this up sooner as I would've gotten on to her other books sooner as well.

#2: The Knife of Never Letting Go by Patrick Ness
Another book that one of my friends told me over and over that I had to read. I can't believe I took so long to pick this gem up. If you didn't see my review of it, look here. But this series easily became on of my favourites!

#1: The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
Now, the regret I feel for not reading this book sooner is something I will literally never get over. So, when I was 14-15, I got the opportunity to go to this Literature Festival through my school and by some miracle, Markus Zusak was one of the speakers. I had heard a lot about the book and definitely intended on reading but I didn't end up actually doing so until after this event. I still remember how interesting he was but I just wished I'd read his book sooner so I could've appreciated this opportunity so much more.




So, a lot of these books I've recently read but it's probably because they're most fresh in my mind. What books do you wish you'd read sooner? Let me know in the comments!

Until next time!
Jess, xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment